Tuesday, February 16, 2010

more snow

Well...eating ice cream in a warm, cozy house didn't last long. It continued to snow and ultimately dumped 12.5 inches on us, breaking the 24-hour record for snowfall in Dallas.

12.5 inches of snow + lots of older trees in my neighborhood = no power at my house for 4 days. Fortunately, Coleen lives just a few streets over (and never lost power) and let me crash with her until my power came back on Monday night.

Minus the losing electricity part...I loved the snow. And here's hoping that we don't have record-breaking temperatures in Texas this summer in return. I think we're done breaking records for a while...







2 comments:

Jennifer said...

44 degrees! Holy Moly! FYI, I'm bringing that saying back. I love it. Too much snow for me...lost a tree in the backyard. :(

Did it remind you of Boston?

elizabeth said...

Definitely reminded me of Boston...kind of made me miss it for a second. I'm sure not having power added to that. Thanks to the boiler room, my apartment never got cold there! :)