Friday, March 5, 2010

the 3/50 project

On the heels of the fire in my neighborhood, I thought I'd post this concept project. It's such a simple, yet novel idea.



Thanks to the power of the internet, we can shop anywhere, anytime. And I'm so guilty of this because I love Etsy. Like a lot. At least with Etsy I do feel good about supporting independent business owners.

But whether a business is shut down by fire or lack of patrons, it's always a shame to see them go. My favorite boutique, Ciel (on Greenville) closed a couple of years ago and there have been countless others since. And as someone who still dreams of owning her own boutique/antique store someday, I not only want to support businesses in my neighborhood, but get the word out so others can, too.

Here are three of my favorites:

Lula B's Antique Mall instead of Etsy

Good Records instead of iTunes, Target, Amazon

Pearl Cup instead of Starbucks

And realistically, I won't be able to give up my addiction to Etsy or the convenience of iTunes or Starbucks, but at least it's a start.

No comments: