Thursday, February 25, 2010

detox is hard


It's been one whole week since I've given up Diet Coke for Lent. And I can admit it: I was totally addicted. I literally walked to the fountain machine at work in a daze and then couldn't figure out why I was there. See, totally against my doing. It's an addiction, man.

On the plus side: I have been drinking a LOT more water. It's funny how your body actually craves water when you're not busy guzzling soda.

On the negative side: I'm going out of town this weekend and I can't remember the last road trip I took and didn't stop at Sonic for a vanilla Diet Coke.

It's going to be hard. But I won't be surprised if my car drifts off the road and I find myself at a Sonic...

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you give up all soda or just Diet Coke? Because we can still stop at Sonic and get Cherry Limeades, sister.

elizabeth said...

ALL sodas, but DC is the one I'm really addicted to. Maybe I can live on the edge and get a water just so I can have the Sonic ice...

Jennifer said...

How about Chick Fil-A Lemonade? That's not soda and delicious.

elizabeth said...

This is why we are friends! Deal.

Unknown said...

i can totally relate to you on this! i just finished a cleanse where i could not drink any artificial sweetners. torture! as soon it was over, i thought i would be cured of my love for them, but instead i went to sonic to get a route 44 diet coke with lime. i too am an addict.